HYPNOTHERAPY AND PTSD
Hypnotherapy has emerged as a credible, evidence-based treatment option for sufferers of PTSD.
PTSD, Post traumatic Stress Disorder, consists of a series of symptoms that arise from a traumatic event which occurs in one’s life. The symptoms of PTSD usually consist of:
- Intrusive flashbacks (reliving a violent scene in your mind)
- Nightmares or recurrent bad dreams
- Anxiety disorders resulting in chronic physical pain, body tensions, teeth grinding
- Over reacting to situations with seemingly little control
- Sudden outbursts of rage or temper tantrums
- Unexplained fears or phobias, such as a fear of butterflies
- Sleep disorders
- Inability to relax the mind and the body
- Persistent stress, tension, fears
- Inability to concentrate, loss of memory
Hypnotherapy, in a large part, deals with unlocking the subconscious mind. We must emphasize here that the main tools of the conscious mind are rational thinking, analyzing and judging. In contrast, the gifts of the subconscious mind are all located within our senses. The subconscious mind is a huge sensory vehicle consisting of the ability to experience our world through our senses: sounds, smells, tastes, visuals or pictures, and/or feelings. One way to locate what is stored in our subconscious in order to help an individual suffering from PTSD is to understand what the PTSD triggers actually are.
Hypnotherapy can be a powerful treatment for PTSD because it treats the issue at it’s core: the triggers. Heal the triggers, heal the person.
Because hypnotherapy is primarily a method for accessing and treating the subconscious, it’s perfect for PTSD and countless other issues that originate in some type of trigger or locked away memory.